What Are The Benefits Of An E-Bike?
Electronic bicycles, or e-bikes, have become increasingly popular over the past few years, and they have a range of health and fitness benefits, as well as helping to reduce the costs of your daily commute.
With Bristol being named the UK’s most cycle-friendly city, we wanted to have a closer look at the benefits of getting on your e-bike!
It is well known that regular exercise can help improve many areas of your life, such as improved sleep and cognitive functions, reducing stress, and lowering the risks of serious health issues
- up to a 35 per cent lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50 per cent lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50 per cent lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20 per cent lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30 per cent lower risk of early death
- up to an 83 per cent lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68 per cent lower risk of hip fracture
- up to a 30 per cent lower risk of depression
- up to a 30 per cent lower risk of dementia
If you have avoided cycling to work because you don’t want to arrive hot and sweaty, then e-bikes are for you. No more sitting in traffic or finding yourself in an overcrowded train carriage, just home to work and back with minimal fuss.
With the added assistance of an electric motor to convert your bike, you’ll find yourself gaining confidence and becoming more ambitious, often going for longer and more challenging rides.
E-bikes will have far lower running costs than your usual commute. It will cost only pence to fully charge your bike, which typically has a range of between 30 to 130 miles. Neither will you need to pay for pricey car insurance, MOT, fuel, tax, congestion and Low Emission Zone charges.
However, one of the most compelling reasons for choosing an e-bike is that they’re fun!
If you’re looking for an electric bike shop in Bristol, visit us today.